Donating Unsold Items
Kids EveryWEAR Consignment Sale makes HUGE contributions at the end of each sale. Please choose to donate your unsold items! It makes a difference in someone's life! Remember that any items you tag with WHITE CARDSTOCK will be donated if they remain unsold at sale end. Unsold items primarily are given to:
- Catholic Parish Outreach (CPO)
- UNC NICU
- Wake Neo-Natal
- Raleigh Rescue Mission
- Thrifty Charitable Foundation
- Wilburn Elementary School - a lower-income Wake County school
- A Raleigh area women’s group that brings books for Chapel Hill and Durham county schools in need and also brings books to nursing/retirement homes.
- A program and monthly sends a box of books to an APO address in New York where the military then sends the books on to US Troops serving overseas.
- A Wake County High School English teacher for their programs.
- All books of plays are brought to a Wake county high school drama department.
- Boxes of elementary teacher supplies will be delivered directly to the teacher work rooms in a lower income school.
- Boxes of teacher supplies and books not as appropriate for the public school system are being brought to a homeschool supply store that has a place in the front of their store where “free for the taking” supplies can be left.
- Specifically requested clothing is gathered for 2 different Wake county elementary schools for their “closets,” clothing kept for children of need. They even asked for underwear and socks as they say some kids come to school with no underwear on.
We are not considering new donation recipients at this time.
We also ask that anyone who wants to do so bring a pack of diapers or a can of formula at drop-off or during the sale. These items are especially precious to many of the families we help.
More Donating Perks...
- TAX DONATION RECEIPTS are available to White Tag Consignors! Pick yours up at Drop-off by showing us your white tagged items BEFORE you put your items out.
- White Tag Consignors shop one hour before other consignors for full price (on Consignor full price shopping day only)! Pick up your early shopping pass at Drop-off with your tax donation receipt.
- Consignors are welcome to tag a few special or high dollar items they'd prefer to hang onto with colored cardstock. So long as you tag the majority (90%) of your items in white, you enjoy all the privileges of White Tag Consignors!
- Remember: Approximately 1/3 to 1/2 of our entire inventory sells during the sales to volunteers and consignors! At least another half of what remains sells on the first public sale day! With rare exception does a consignor not sell the vast majority of her merchandise unless it is overpriced or sub-standard. Most of our veteran consignors allow their items to be discounted, make a ton of money and sell 90% of what they bring!
"We at St. Mark's appreciate very much your letting us come to the consignment sale to pull and take clothes and shoes for the children at Wilburn School. We relay to you the thanks of those children and staff.
Thank you also for the six boxes of elementary school books for teachers to use in their classroom libraries or send home with children who might benefit from and enjoy the reading of these books.
You are doing a great deal to help agencies trying to assist children and parents and teachers. We are thankful that you are willing to get in touch with and work with us as we attempt outreach to people at Wilburn School."