What is a consignor?
A Kids EveryWEAR Consignment Sale consignor is YOU! If you have a minimum of 25 items (or fewer "high dollar" items totaling at least $75), then you have earned an "early shop" spot at our exclusive Consignor Sale!
Why choose to consign?
- You can make LOTS of money! Most consignment shops pay moms less than half of an item's selling price. Those stores that buy your clothing outright pay far less, often only $1-$2 for a brand name outfit in great condition. Kids EveryWear conducts highly successful, well-advertised clothing and equipment sales and we pay consignors 65% of an item's selling price!
- When you sell your items at a regular consignment shop, the majority is rejected due to space limitations and overstock in a particular size. Provided your items meet our high quality standards and are priced competitively, you are welcome to clean those closets out!
- You will never see at a traditional consignment store the traffic that a Kids EveryWear sale attracts. We bring in thousands of shoppers in the space of 1-2 weeks and sell more than 75% of our inventory.
- Buyers can see, smell and touch the items, unlike an internet auction.
- We do the advertising for you! Local TV stations visit us! Newspapers write about us! Look for our ads in all of the area newspapers and children's publications!
- Better yet, you won't wait weeks for payment, but will receive your check immediately following the sale!
"I can't believe you had checks ready when I picked up my unsold items!" JB
- Don't hassle with the stress of running your own yard sale either- hours of pricing clothes only to be offered a quarter for each gorgeous, name brand piece. We've taken care of every detail - the advertising, the organization, even the climate-controlled indoor location! We've done it all for you AND you'll make a lot more money!
How do I become a consignor?
You must obtain a consignor ID number by completing the online consignor registration. You can then print your tag template from our website complete with your 4-DIGIT consignor ID number and matching bar code. Simply print multiple copies of your unique tag template onto 8 1/2 by 11 inch CARD STOCK (available at all office suppliers) on your own PC printer OR take a single master copy of your tag template to CopyMax, Staples, Kinkos, etc. to be copied onto CARD STOCK. Please do not use regular 24 lb paper as tags will tear and fall off!
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!! We require specific colors of card stock according to your 4 digit codes! Please see the next page of this consignor section to determine what color card stock you will need OR just check your consignor registration confirmation page and email AFTER you have registered. Your code AND cardstock color are both listed if you checked the checkbox indicating that you want to consign when you registered. If your confirmation says Consignor=No, please register again and look for the checkbox to indicate that you'd like to consign. If you want to donate any items which don't sell, tag them with WHITE cardstock so that we don't have to sort them at sale end. White tag consignors shop an hour earlier on Consignor Full Price Shopping Day too!
PLEASE read the ENTIRE consignor section thoroughly so that you are familiar with all consignor requirements. Pay particular attention to instructions on preparing merchandise and tagging items to ensure that you receive proper payment for items sold and maximize your profits! This is a large and busy sale so each participant must follow guidelines carefully for it to run smoothly.
NOTE: You need a pass for our sale. This pass will print on your registration confirmation, including a pass for YOU to shop at the half price and for an unlimited number of your friends to shop at the Friends sale. Your name is on your pass. We will check you in by ID when you arrive at your appointed time to shop early. If you do not have this pass because you lost or did not receive the email, you may check-in to shop using your ID. Please do not email to request a pass to shop!
What if I have consigned with Kids EveryWEAR Consignment Sale before?
You must STILL register online for each sale because we need an accurate count of the number of consignors planning to participate in EACH sale for planning purposes. Your code will remain the same!
What if I have items tagged from another consignment sale?
WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY CODES OR TAGS FROM OTHER SALES!!!
Due to the huge possibility of duplicate codes as well as the general condition of items received in the past from other sales, we have come to the difficult decision to require that all items be tagged with Kids EveryWear tags and codes. We are VERY sorry, but we found that too many of these "leftovers" were not meeting the guidelines of our sale. We are very pleased with the increased quality of items since we made this decision and we think you will be too!
If your items are leftover from other sales (including ours), please evaluate their condition in light of Kids EveryWear guidelines and mark them down in price when re-tagging them to be sure they sell well! Please, please do not bring items that fail to meet Kids EveryWear quality/age standards! See Items Accepted for details.
I registered but cannot consign. How do I unregister?
Register again but this time type the word "unregister" where asked. Our consignor space is limited, so this frees up a spot for someone else. Thanks.
General Consignor Information
- Consignors must complete online registration prior to EACH Kids EveryWear sale in which they plan to participate.
- Your consignor code/card stock color will not change. You will be assigned the same code when registering for future Kids EveryWear sales.
- Consignors keep 65% of the selling price of each item.
- Consignors must bring a minimum of 25 items (or fewer "high dollar" items totaling at least $75).
- Consignors may shop at the Consignor Sale which is scheduled after Volunteer Sales and before the public. If you would like to shop even earlier, we invite you to consider the many flexible volunteer options.
- There is a $12 consignor cost that will be deducted from your earnings check to cover facility rental, advertising, additional racks, insurance, etc...
- Consignors must read and accept conditions of consignor agreement upon registration.
- Pay close attention to Items Accepted. Items which do not meet Kids EveryWear standards or are out of season will be removed from racks and left unsorted at sale's end. Please be considerate. Racks are very expensive and it is unfair to everyone when consignors cram them with sub-standard items. Please don't waste your time tagging items that will not sell. Look at each item as though you were buying it!
- Attach tags like nobody's business. See Preparing Merchandise for tips on making sure your tags stay put!
Remember: You determine how much money you make by how many items you bring, how reasonably you price them, how you place them at drop-off, and most importantly by the quality of the merchandise you drop off!