Here's What's New for Our KE Crew
Each sale we try to find ways to make our sale better for everyone: our consignors, our shoppers, & our great KE Crew! Thanks to all who give suggestions to make our sale great! Thanks to all who give suggestions to make our sale great!
Attention ALL KE Crew
- Please bring hand sanitizer.
- Face shields are available. Please ask for one at the start of your shift if you need one.
- Masks will be provided free of charge for all crew able to wear them. Feel free to ask for one or bring your own.
- Please keep cell phone usage to emergencies while working your shift.
- Click here for pictures of where to park and enter.
- Please check in at KE Crew Check-in to get your name tag and apron and a quick overview of what to expect.
- All KE Crew should wear comfortable clothing and bring a labeled meal or snack/water bottle as needed.
- When you check in, please let us know of any special needs or physical limitations as well as skills you might have, such as typing or great organizational abilities.
- At the end of your shift, please check out at the KE Crew desk to return your name tag and apron and indicate you have completed your shift.
- All late-night shift KE Crew should exit together. Please do not unlock doors to exit; ask us to unlock them for you so we can lock them behind you. Thanks!
KE Crew Information
The KE Crew are volunteers who help run our events. The KE Crew shops first! First dibs! Lowest prices!
We need you!!! The KE Crew is the heartbeat of the Kids EveryWear sale!
Why join the KE Crew?
Never helped at Kids EveryWEAR before? The KE Crew enjoy the fellowship of fellow moms & dads! A change of pace. New faces. New friends... And FIRST PICK OF ALL THE GREATEST BARGAINS! It doesn't matter whether you sign up to work before during or after the sale, if you join the KE Crew, you shop first! Imagine shopping in a nearly empty store, shorter lines, cheaper prices and all the good stuff still ripe for the picking! We offer extended presales – the longest in town – exclusive to the KE Crew.
What would I be doing?
KE Crew positions range from scanning tags of items to be purchased, to organizing toys, clothing and accessories before or during the sale, to sorting the unsold items after the final day of the sale, to setting up before the sale and breaking down the racks after the sale, to watching doors and answering questions, or helping at drop-off get consignors checked-in and directing them, to helping man our fitting rooms. When you register, you can choose which type of position you want. We have sitting positions, standing positions, and positions for almost anyone. Email if you have questions or if you can't find a slot that works for you.
But I have small children at home...
Believe it or not, almost NO schedule is too full. We'll find a way to work with you if you want to find a way to work for us! There are countless opportunities to serve before during and even after the sale! Mothers with newborn infants are welcome to babywear if you can successfully complete your KE Crew obligations.
***NOTES for TRADITIONAL KE CREW***
- LOVE to organize? Wanna be a "department manager"? Seeking out one special KE Crew member per area to work 24 hours during drop offs and other times during the sale to keep up with organizing (and re-organizing). Wonder why our book area is so beautiful? It has a "manager"! 24 hour KE Crew shop VERY first! 24s shop prior to KE Crew Day. This is the very best way to make sure you find all the goodies on your wish list - first dibs and no crowds! Looking for the inside track? This is it!
- Regular shifts actually involve a 4.5 - 5 hour time commitment to allow for training and staff "mobilization." These shifts still count as regular 4-hour shifts and should be tallied only as 4 hours, not 4.5 hours, toward your total KE Crew hours.
- Splitting Shifts - Husbands, grandparents, teens age 16 and up, etc. may work all or some of the KE Crew hours you sign up for. Keep in mind, the intent of these extended KE Crew options is to limit the amount of training and shift changes necessary during the busiest sale times, and these KE Crew are needed for critical, skill-specific jobs. If you want to do the same shift as the your spouse, grandparent, or teen 16 and up, register them in their name and you in your name. Then forward both confirmation emails to us and ask us to combine hours.
Non-Traditional KE Crew Opportunities/Bartering
Have a unique service to offer? A special talent? The generosity and help we receive, often in non-traditional venues, blesses us more than you can imagine! Click on Bartering to see what you might be able to trade us for a shop early pass! Let's make a deal!
How do I view the available slots?
Click on the register button in the right sidebar, choose KE Crew, and read through the KE Crew terms. The next screen will show you all available slots, except meal slots which you can see after entering the password listed on the Barter page of the website.
Wanted: A Few Strong Folks
You can even send your husband or partner! We need a few strong folks to help out, especially at setup and breakdown and working our amazing Holds Department! Or they can work with you to earn you twice the hours you would earn alone! A typical "female" is usually unable to do these heavy-lifting shifts.
We Welcome Grandparents
We welcome Grandparents to work in your stead and even have tasks suited for those with physical limitations.
Reliable teens, age 16 and up, may join the KE Crew for slots to earn you extra KE Crew status.
Pregnant? Have physical limitations? We need you to man our doors and help at the fitting rooms!
We need greeters to interface with shoppers. Our greeters check passes and/or ID to ensure that we are honoring the commitments that those entitled to shop early have made to the sale. They scan tickets on ticket days. They help sort unwanted items at the fitting rooms. We need friendly, enthusiastic folks who can graciously explain to passersby why they might not be permitted to shop at a given time and to make them feel welcome to return at a later time.
During preview sales and public shopping times, we also ask the door person to help us maintain security by checking receipts of exiting shoppers and inside bins and luggage.
Finally, those who serve in this position direct shoppers and answer general questions. Clearly, these tasks are of tremendous importance!
- Join our Launch Team if you are willing to Share Kids EveryWEAR by giving every FB post a heart and comment and then share all of our FB posts to your FB groups. Please email if you would like to join the team to earn KE Crew hours to shop FIRST!
- HTML guru to alter our Joomla site - make it mobile-friendly, add rotating banners, etc for KE Crew status.
- A website graphic designer who can make graphics and post them on our Joomla site.
- A programmer proficient in Perl
- 18"x24" poster laminating
- Posters - Do you work for a printer? We need 22x28 b&w or color posters for KE Crew status.
- Drone video after final drop-off as your KE Crew position.
- A website designer who is familiar with Joomla to help with our website on a KE Crew member basis.
- Large Bags: Register online once you have bags in hand! Stores have generously donated these to the sale in the past. The large bag is approximately 22X12X36. Please no grocery-sized bags! Toys 'R Us, Lowes, Home Improvement, Target, Dicks Sporting Goods, Staples, Joannes, Kohls, Office Max, and Bed Bath and Beyond are great places to ask for donations. Calling is ineffective. We recommend you go in and ask. You will receive 6 volunteer hours for bringing a box of 500 new bags to the sale at the drop-off day or shopping day. If you need a letter on our letterhead, you may print this one or see our Printables page in the KE Crew menu as well. These bags need to be thick. Someone ordered them from the internet for us in 8mil and they were WAY TOO THIN. Thanks for your help in obtaining the appropriate bags.
- Graphic design work on a KE Crew basis.
- Share Kids EveryWEAR! Perfect for Daycare owners/teachers/doctors' offices! Details for how to advertise for us as your KE Crew position can be found here.
- A photographer to take pictures during first and second dropoffs and our organizing day and post them to our dropbox and to our Facebook page.
- Media guru to post to homeschool and online groups for us. Email me a list of groups you could cover and I will send you a text to send.
- Window decals - If you work for a company and can make us window decals, we'll give you KE Crew status in trade.
- Gift Cards: Help us defer consumable sale supply costs by providing us with a $50 Egift card from Amazon.com and earn four pre-sale KE Crew hours to shop with our Regular KE Crew. Register online via KE Crew registration for this slot. Slots disappear when full.
- Your Egift card needs to be sent at least one week in advance of the KE Crew shopping day (see Event Schedule). Once received, we will send you confirmation of receipt and that confirmation will be your shopping pass!!!
To send the eGift card:
- Go to Amazon eGift cards.
- Under “Gift card details”, select a preset amount or enter a different amount in the [enter amount] box.
- Delivery: select “Email.”
- To: gail @ kidseveryWEAR dot com (remove spaces, replace dot with. - etc.)
- The rest is self-explanatory.
- After everything is filled out, select Proceed to Checkout. (You will need to log in to your Amazon account or create one.)
- Meals: Do your friends and family consider you a great cook? We need GOOD HOME COOKIN' for 6 adults each day of the sale. We know it might sound absurd to ask for meals, but we are at the sale with our young kids for several weeks straight and cannot leave the checkout area during the sale. Pizza delivery gets old QUICK! Thanks to everyone who has been so gracious as to provide for us in this way! You are wonderful! Click on MEAL SIGNUP for more information on providing meals as a KE Crew.
- Cooperative Advertising: If you have a website or publication and allow Kids EveryWear to place a banner ad on your site or print ad in your publication, we will allow you to place an ad on our site for free or will exchange for KE Crew hours.
- Access to Interstate Fence Line: If you own rural property on any of the major highways or interstates coming into the Triangle area and are willing to allow us to hang a light, all-weather corrugated sign on your fence line (they just zip-tie on) for a couple of months in the spring and the same in the fall, you'll earn four KE Crew hours per event.
- Organize a group of students/folks who might need community service hours to come and sort unsold clothing items on behalf of a 501c3 to earn 4 hours toward KE Crew pre-sale privileges. The charity cab sign any KE Crew paperwork for the service hours completed. The KE Crew hours on behalf of the 501c3 are NOT on behalf of Kids EveryWEAR. Therefore each individual will not earn shop early privileges with Kids EveryWEAR. But the person who coordinates a group of students to help can receive 4 hours towards early shopping with Kids EveryWEAR for organizing the group. You would need to email for details about when the group could help. The most needed date is probably the Friday or Saturday after our Pickup date.
- TV/Radio/magazine/newspaper coverage: Do you know someone who works in one of these? Get us in the news and you win big time!
KE Crew Shopping
KE Crew shops first at Kids EveryWEAR!
The more you HELP, the earlier you SHOP, the more you SAVE!
Traditional KE Crew positions are scheduled before, during, and after the sale. These require time at the sale's location. Click on The Register button in the right sidebar to see and/or schedule your traditional KE Crew slot(s) online. A limited number of off-site or at-home barter options are also available.
- Regular KE Crew work (1) 4.5 - 5 hour "Regular" slot and shop the day before consignors.
- Super KE Crew work any (2) Regular KE Crew slots* OR 1 designated Super slot marked [S] and shop for several EXCLUSIVE HOURS before Regular KE Crew. ***See notes below
- Super Duper KE Crew work (3) Regular slots* or (2) Super slots marked [S]. You shop first on KE Crew Shop Day! (Note - a Super [S] shift which gives Super status cannot be combined with a Regular slot to obtain Super Duper status) ***See notes below
- Diehard KE Crew (aka 24s) Diehards shop the day before our Regulars, Supers, and Super Dupers in a nearly empty space! Kick it up a notch! Work a total of 24+ actual hours (6 Regular slots* or 4 Super slots). We request that each Diehard work at least one EVENING or WEEKDAY shift if at all possible! Brand new Diehards are required to work at least three slots prior to your shopping day.
- Marathoners (aka 40s) shop VERY FIRST with 24s. For the EverythingELSE Sale, marathoners work 32+ actual hours (8 Regular slots or 6 Super [S] slots - Gail will need to bump this to Marathon once you pick your slots). Marathoners generally must work at least one sale as a Diehard before being considered for marathoner. This select group also gets the privilege of receiving 100% commission on any items they sell up to $1200 in sales commission-free. These spots must be applied for. Power consignors who buy to resell are not permitted to marathon. ***See additional note below
NOTE: All shifts begin with an additional 30 minutes of training so shifts are actually 4-1/2 to 6-1/2 hrs in length. This 30 minutes does not count in the total hour count.
KE Crew shops first on Discount Days too!
On Special Presale Shopping Dates:
- Your parents/grandparents/spouse/children can shop with you or in your stead but please only bring someone with you if absolutely necessary due to social distancing requirements. We understand that you may need to bring parents or children. See note below about bringing children.
- Friends or siblings must register as KE Crew or Consignors to earn early shopping privileges OR shop at one of our ticketed Presale Event options.
Once you know when to shop, be sure you know where to park!
Read about our COVID-19 Sale Modifications
KE Crew Friends shop early too!
Ask your friends to get a FREE ticket to our Friends Sale! (Tickets become available April 6.)
Our special EverythingELSE Sale will include Adult Clothing & Accessories, Furniture, Appliances, Toys, Baby Equipment, Nursing and Maternity Wear, Housewares, Adult Shoes, Purses, and so much more! Just about EverythingELSE except children's clothing and children's shoes.
Our special EverythingELSE Sale will include Adult Clothing & Accessories, Furniture, Appliances, Toys, Baby Equipment, Nursing and Maternity Wear, Housewares, Adult Shoes, Purses, and so much more! Just about EverythingELSE except children's clothing & accessories & children's shoes.
SHOP EARLY - JOIN THE KE CREW! KE Crew shops full price:
Marathoner 32 hour KE Crew
Friday, May 13, 12pm-7pm
|Diehard 24 hour KE Crew||Friday, May 13, 1pm-7pm|
|Super Duper 12+ hour KE Crew||Saturday, May 14, 10am-7pm|
|Super 8+ hour KE Crew||Saturday, May 14, 12pm-7pm|
|Regular 5 hour KE Crew||Saturday, May 14, 2pm-7pm|
|$50 Platinum Tickets||
Saturday, May 14, 2pm-7pm
This ticket makes you a regular Crew member with early full price, half off, and 75% off. Venmo kidseverywear $50 and tell us your name, email, cell #, mailing address. We will email you a KE Crew Regular shopping pass! The last 4 digits of our phone # are 3182 if you need that to send the Venmo.
|$25 Gold Tickets||
Saturday, May 14, 4pm-7pm
This ticket allows you to shop early for full price only. Venmo kidseverywear $25 and tell us your name, email, cell #, mailing address. We will message you the 4pm ticket! The last 4 digits of our phone # are 3182 if you need that to send the Venmo.
KE Crew are welcome to return for MORE FULL PRICE SHOPPING any days we are open!
Confirmation email & ID required - no ticket needed.
Sunday, May 15, 1pm-7pm
Friday, May 20, 10am-7pm
KE Crew 50% off GREEN and BLACK Prices
*It is the color printed under the price that determines the discount, not the tag color!
KE Crew 50% off Clearance
50% off if the word BLACK or GREEN is printed under the price
Saturday, May 21, 10am-7pm
KE Crew 75% off BLACK Prices & 50% off Green Prices
KE Crew Final Clearance
75% off if the word BLACK is printed under the price and 50% off if the word GREEN is printed under the price
Sunday, May 22, 1pm-7pm
Don't miss these Shopping Tips!
Reschedule KE Crew Slots
Need to reschedule your KE Crew slot?
If it is more than one week before your KE Crew full price shopping day, simply click on register and run back through the registration process. Deselect the slot(s) that you can no longer work and choose new slots.
If it is less than one week before your KE Crew full price shopping day, use registration to change your slot to another time and forward your confirmation of this change with a note via email letting us know of the shift you must miss and the shift you have now registered for to replace it, keeping in mind the following KE Crew agreement (which you accepted during online registration):
In an effort to ensure the quality of the sale by retaining a sufficient number of KE Crew workers, Kids EveryWear will require that KE Crew fulfill their pledged obligation to work the shift(s) they have selected. KE Crew are expected to be on time and fulfill entire shift. If you cannot fulfill your shift, please register, uncheck that shift, and choose another. If it is one week or less prior to the KE Crew Shopping Day, please also forward the confirmation to us at and notify us of the change.
In the event that a KE Crew member does not fulfill her commitment or find a suitable replacement on her behalf, Kids EveryWear requests that you venmo kidseverywear $50 per missed shift if you can't reschedule to a makeup slot. We may deduct $50 for regular KE Crew and $100 for super KE Crew or $150 for super duper KE Crew of the consignor earnings if you fail to do so. Preferably we ask that you switch to another slot and let us know! KE Crew who are not consignors and cannot make up a missed slot are asked to venmo kidseverywear or paypal $50 per missed slot to kidseverywear @ gmail . com (removing spaces) within 24 hours of missing their shift to pay for us to hire a replacement. Should a KE Crew member NOT additionally be participating as a consignor, that KE Crew may not be allowed to participate again in future Kids EveryWear KE Crew Preview Sales unless they make up their missed shift or send a gift card. Extreme extenuating circumstances will be considered (such as death in the family).
Should extenuating circumstances prevent you from shopping at the Preview Sale, it would still be our hope that you would consider fulfilling your timeslot so as not to leave us short-staffed.
If it is within one week of the approaching KE Crew shop date and you find yourself unable to fulfill your slot, we require switching to another slot or finding someone to fill your place. Please understand that these guidelines have been created in an effort to maintain a high quality sale and a spirit of fairness to all who give sacrificially of their time.